ABOUT CONGREGATION NISHMAT AM
A Great Family For Your Family
Congregation Nishmat Am, which in Hebrew means "The Soul of a People", is a Conservative synagogue community whose mission is:
to bring the teachings of the Torah into our daily lives,
to plant love for our heritage and traditions in our hearts, growing in our commitment to the State of Israel and its people,
- to bring together and inspire a wide spectrum of the Jewish population to pray, sing, and learn together in an environment that embodies holiness, spirituality, joy, music, harmony, mutual respect and unconditional love for one another.
RABBI YITZCHAK COHEN
- Aware of the growing Jewish population in Collin County, and driven by his passion for outreach and education, Rabbi Yitzchak Cohen established Congregation Nishmat Am in 2006 as a unique synagogue, blending tradition with innovation. We champion the timelessness of Torah, and hold dear the beauty of our heritage. We also strive for and welcome diverse forms of expression. Our warm, welcoming atmosphere, spirited and friendly services, and a host of social and educational programs attracts families from Collin County and surrounding areas in North Texas.
Congregation Nishmat Am is:
- A SYNAGOGUE FOR YOUR RELIGIOUS AND SPIRITUAL NEEDS
Rabbi Cohen is joined by his son, Cantor Jacob Cohen, in leading services and bringing the warmth and joy of prayer to all who attend. No matter what one's level of Jewish knowledge or background, the services are "congregant-friendly" with an air of excitement, encouraging participation through singing, and through lively discussions and explanations. Shabbat and Holiday services bring the warmth, joy and meaning of prayer to all who attend.
- AN OUTREACH AND EDUCATIONAL CENTER
Nishmat Am was founded on the principles of reaching out to the Jewish community by celebrating Jewish life through joy, spirit and education, welcoming all and embracing all regardless of their background. We reach out to those searching for spiritual fulfillment, seeking growth in Torah and mitzvot, desiring to grow in knowledge and wanting to connect to a community. We are inclusive of all, attracting a diverse community of different ages from different ethnic origins.
Our education programs for adults span a wide range of topics and issues, touching upon almost every aspect of Jewish life. Weekly classes, lecture series, scholar-in-residence programs and special events are scheduled to offer variety and meaningful content.
- A RELIGIOUS SCHOOL FOR YOUR CHILDREN
At The Altman Family Religious School at Nishmat Am, our students receive weekly instruction in the beauty and joy of our Jewish heritage from a staff that is trained, skilled, caring and committed to children.Click here to learn more.
- A SOCIAL ORGANIZATION THAT BUILDS FRIENDSHIPS AND RELATIONSHIPS
Nishmat Am, offers a wide array of activities benefiting the congregation and our community, while meeting the social needs of our members through our active events throughout the year.
Above all, we are a caring and supporting community that connects to people on an individual, family and group level to create a religious, spiritual and social support system so essential to a healthy and fulfilling Jewish life.
Nishmat Am's motto is:
"We're a wonderful family for your family."
We invite you to consider visiting with us and finding out more about what makes Nishmat Am such a special synagogue for your Jewish connection.